Vintage cat eye sunglasses are not just for movie stars! But they love to wear them and so can you. In this post, we have compiled a list of 15 vintage cat eye sunglasses for under 15 dollars and provided a brief history of famous stars that have worn cat eye sunglasses throughout the years.
You may be into retro fashion. You may just be a huge cat lover. Or you may just want to have a unique fashion style.
Sunglasses allow you to be mysterious as if you were a movie star or hiding a hangover in the coolest way possible. Wearing shades will never go out of fashion and will always protect your eyes from the sun, and the haters.
Vintage sunglasses will make you even more mysterious and classy, like a cat or the many famous stars that have popularized the look throughout the years.
Movie stars wearing vintage cat eye sunglasses:
50's and 60's
- Cat eye frames became popular during the mid-nineteenth century with the movie stars, such as Marilyn Monroe
and Audrey Hepburn
wearing them in the movies, How to Marry a Millionaire(1953) and Breakfast at Tiffany's(1961).
70's - during this time huge round sunglasses and aviators became overwhelmingly popular.
- Michelle Pfeiffer
wore the classic sun specs in the crime film Scarface (1983).
- the nineties filmstar Alicia Silverstone
wore the vintage shades in the coming-of-age comedy movie Clueless (1995).
- Julia Roberts
won an Academy Award for Best Actress while wearing these eye frames in the film Erin Brockovich (2000).
Actresses in TV and film will continue to wear vintage cat eye sunglasses throughout the decades because of the timeless look.
Just like the classic movie stars from throughout the ages, you can rock this style too! And you can do it on a budget!
Choose a style that fits your personality and face structure. Some look better in smaller frames, while some people look better with larger frames. Know your style and wear the heck out of it. But don't be afraid to try something new!
P.S. Don't forget to look at the product description to see sizes of each pair of sunglasses to get the best size for you. Have fun shopping!
15 Vintage Cat Eye Sunglasses for Under $15
1. 60's Large Vintage Cat Eye Women's Sunglasses
2. Unique Oversized Cat Eye Hybrid Butterfly Sunglasses
4. Lightning Bolt Sixties Style Cat Eye Sunglasses
5. Classic Vintage Cat Eye Sunglasses
6. Women's Oversized Bold Rim Round Cateye Sunglasses
8. Cat Eye Cutout Sunglasses
10. Rhinestone Black Cat Eye Sunglasses
11. Rhinestone Embellished Oval Retro Cat Eye Sunglasses
Price: $9.95 - Get it via Amazon
12. Mirrored Browline Sunglasses
Price: $7.90 - Get it via Forever 21
13. Colorful Vintage Cat Eye Sunglasses
Price: $13.99 - Get it via TP - Use “BLOG” for a 10% discount!
14. 50's Style Vintage Cat Eye Sunglasses
Price $11.99 - Get it via TP - Use “BLOG” for a 10% discount!
15. Big Modern Cat Eye Sunglasses
Price: $11.99 - Get it via TP - Use “BLOG” for a 10% discount!
Leave a comment below! Thanks!
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org